Smart Play-choice UK Ltd
1.2 A cookie is a text file that is placed on your computer, mobile phone or tablet by the websites. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and they can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
2. How do Cookies Work?
2.1 Cookies can be divided into two major categories, with many subsets:
- Session cookies stay on a browser and retain your information until it is closes. When a new browser window is opened, the same user is treated as a new visitor and must input their login credentials.
- Persistent cookies have a designated lifespan and remain in a browser until the period elapses or the cookie is manually deleted. Websites that use persistent cookies will remember users even after they close a browser. Persistent cookies enable features such as persistent shopping carts.
3.2 Session cookie is used to remember Visitor choices during their visit. This cookie is not persistent, so is usually deleted at the end of a session.
3.3 We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies; These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable a Player to log into secure areas of our website and make use of e-billing service
- Analytical/performance cookies; They allow us to recognise and count the number of Visitors and to see how Visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies; These are used to recognise a Visitor, when the Visitor return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for the Visitor, greet the Visitor by name and remember the Visitor’s preferences (for example, choice of language or number of games played).
3.4 Cookies record a Player’s visit to our website, the pages visited and the links followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to a Player’s interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
4. How can you Restrict the Cookies?
4.2 For information on how to manage cookies on mobile phone browser, you will need to refer to your handset manual. For general information on cookies and how to control them using the browser, please visit www.aboutcookies.org.uk. Please note, if you choose to restrict or block cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Smartpiggybank.co.uk.
4.3 The Smartpiggybank.co.uk’ website has links to social networking sites on certain pages. These sites may place cookies on your computer. The social networking sites which we link to are third party sites and the Smart Play-choice UK Ltd does not have control over how these sites use your data. You should read the individual social networking site’s privacy policies to find out what happens to your data and how it is used.
5. Changes in our Cookies Policy